A 27-year-old generator repairer has reportedly stabbed one Tochukwu Ejika, a security man, to death in Lagos. The suspect, identified as Abimbola Azeez, who is from Ikire in Osun State, reportedly stabbed the victim several times on his belly during a misunderstanding in God’s Own Estate, Ijanikin.

It was gathered that the suspect was on his way out of the estate when the Chief Security Officer accosted him at about 8p.m. An exchange of words followed, which degenerated into a fight.



Before residents could intervene, Abimbola had stabbed the victim leading to the loss of blood and eventual death. The suspect was taken to Ijanikin Divisional Police Station, while the corpse was deposited at the mortuary. Azeez said: “I live with my friend, R. Kelly, in Ayetoro, Ijanikin. Last week, I went to my customer’s house to repair his generator.”

He said he wanted to live with the customer but was told it was not possible. He said while he was leaving the estate, a man accosted him and asked him to go back, but that he did not know he was the estate security officer. He said it was when he refused to go back that the scuffle started, adding “although I regret what happened, he attacked me first with the dagger and would have killed me. I did not mean to kill him.”

The case has been transfered to the homicide section of State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, Lagos.

via nigerianeye
Labels:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.