English Premiership side, Stoke City are ready to offer Peter Odemwingie a new deal, and are willing to do so even if he doesn’t play again before his current contract expires.



The Nigeria international has been out with a cruciate knee ligament injury since August 30 and there are no guarantees he will be fit to play before running out of contract at the end of the current season.







But Stoke manager, Mark Hughes, has thrown the winger some comfort and joy by saying, “There’s something in place, I think, so we will have discussions nearer the time.



“We’d like to think he would get back before the end of the season. He might not make it, but even so he’s working exceptionally hard to make it.



The striker has already started light work out ahead of his anticipated return to action.



He admits the injury he suffered during the otherwise famous win at Manchester City at the end of August was a huge blow to absorb.



“I have just started running outside, which is a massive step for me. From now onwards hopefully things will accelerate a little bit for me,” he told the Stoke Sentinel



“In terms of the minimum period I was told I would be out for, I am just over half way through that now.”



via nigerianeye
Labels:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.